This international bestseller reveals the secrets of nonverbal communication to give you confidence and control in any face-to-face encounter from making a great first impression and acing a job interview to finding the right partner.
It is a scientific fact that people’s gestures give away their true intentions. Yet most of us don’t know how to read body language and don’t realize how our own physical movements speak to others. Now the world’s foremost experts on the subject share their techniques for reading body language signals to achieve success in every area of life.
Drawing upon more than thirty years in the field, as well as cutting-edge research from evolutionary biology, psychology, and medical technologies that demonstrate what happens in the brain, the authors examine each component of body language and give you the basic vocabulary to read attitudes and emotions through behavior.
- How palms and handshakes are used to gain control
- The most common gestures of liars
- How the legs reveal what the mind wants to do
- The most common male and female courtship gestures and signals
- The secret signals of cigarettes, glasses, and makeup
- The magic of smiles, including smiling advice for women
- How to use nonverbal cues and signals to communicate more effectively and get the reactions you want
Filled with fascinating insights, humorous observations, and simple strategies that you can apply to any situation, this intriguing book will enrich your communication with and understanding of others, as well as yourself.
Every person’s body language very often reveals that what they say is different from what they think or feel. It is a scientific fact that people’s gestures give away their true intentions.
Everyday we are confronted by hundreds of different signals that can mean anything from “That’s a great idea” to “You must be kidding”. And we are all sending out these signals whether we realise it or not.
This Book Shows:
- How to make a positive impression on others
- How to interview and negotiate successfully
- How to bond quickly and get others to co-operate
- How to tell if someone is lying
- How to read between the lines of what is said
- How to use body language to get what you want
- How to recognize love-signs and power-plays
Body Language adds a new dimension to human communication. It is a must for anybody whose business or personal life involves face-to-face interaction with other people.